Yoga Poses You can Do in Bed
Too lazy to get out of bed and do some morning workout? No worries. Have you ever thought of yoga in bed? Here is good news for sleepy-heads: you can now do an energizing yoga workout in bed to keep yourself fit and healthy with some yoga poses!
Don’t underestimate the power of those couple of minutes in the morning before you get out of your bed and get engrossed in your day or a little before you fall asleep. Stay a little while in your bed and give some time to yoga.
1. Legs Up the Wall Pose
This pose is famous for its wide range of health benefits as well as for its anti aging effects. This seems to be quite an easy and fun pose to practice.
- Stay in bed, swing your legs up onto the wall and support your heel against it.
- Give a minute or two to yourself and breathe deeply.
• It also helps stretch back of the neck, alleviates mild back ache, destresses the mind, eases headaches and improves nervous system.
2. Corpse Pose
This is considered to be one of the soothing poses that relaxes mind, body and soul, and happens to be the easiest one.
- Lie flat on your back with your arms by your side and palms open facing upward.
- Keep your eyes closed, relax your body and sink deep into the posture.
• It calms your mind and relaxes your nervous system in addition to relieving stress and improving symptoms of insomnia.
• It also helps relieve mild depression, fatigue and headache.
3. Child Pose
Child pose, also known as Balasana, is a rejuvenating and comforting Asana to do in bed. It is a resting pose that benefits your mind and body. Stay in this pose as long as you desire and reap its benefits.
- Kneel on your bed, take your feet to your hips.
- Stretch your arms and place your hands above your head while keeping your head downward.
- Keep your eyes closed and take relaxing breaths.
- Allow your muscles to stretch and release tension from the shoulders, chest and back.
4. Reclining Goddess Pose
Reclining goddess pose, also known as Supta Baddha Konasana, is one of an extremely relaxing yoga poses that is recommended to get in before you get out of your bed.
- Just lie down flat on your back with your both knees slightly lifted off the ground.
- Bring your feet right behind your hips and keep your arms by your side or you can even stretch them above your head.
- Stay in this position and breathe deeply for few minutes.
• It also helps lowers blood pressure, decreases muscle tension, helps relief fatigue and insomnia and minimizes occurrence of headaches.
• It promotes relaxation of abdominal muscles, soothes irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and other reproductive problems such as infertility and PMS.
5. Easy Supine Twist
Squeeze out stress and anxiety of the day with Easy Supine Twist Pose also called Supta Matsyendrasana. This is a great pose that helps restore balance and stimulates abdominal organs.
- Lie on your back, hold your knees to your chest then slightly bring your knees to the right side of the bed.
- Now repeat the same pattern for the other side.
- Take two to three rounds of this pose and relax your spine.
• It also promotes blood circulation to your digestive organs, therefore improving the function of your digestive system.