Essential Exercises to Safely Workout During Pregnancy
For a smooth 9 month period of pregnancy, one which is free of back pain, energetic and a better overall body image instead of a frightening, swollen body, exercise is vital. Experts have again and again agreed that it is highly crucial for a pregnant woman to be moving. Know the secret of going back to pre-pregnancy size soon after the delivery? It’s exercise!
Here are some healthy and important workouts every pregnancy woman must try and continue. It is thoroughly advised to check with your doctor before pursuing this or any other exercise program!
Try this one for a stronger butt, quadriceps and hamstrings and for a better balance. Just follow the instructions one by one and make sure you’re not too aggressive. Remain calm and take a deep breath.
- Stand parallel to the back of a strong and sturdy hair. Your hand should be closest to it, resting on the chair.
- The position of your feet is parallel and hip-distance apart.
- Turn your toes and knees 45 degrees. In that posture, pull your belly button up and in.
- Next, bend your knees and lower your torso as low as you can. All this while, keep your back straight.
- Return to starting position by straightening your legs.
Try the following workout for a stronger core and inner thighs. Once again, don’t forget to keep calm and take deep breaths.
- Lie on your right side; support your head with your forearm.
- Keep left leg straight; bend right leg at 45 degree angle.
- Rest your opposite arm on the floor for stability.
- Lift your left straight leg to hip-height. Repeat.
- Next, bend your left knee; rest it on top of pillows for support.
- Straighten your right leg.
- Lift right leg up high. Repeat.
- Switch sides and repeat.
For stronger core, arms and back try this!
- Get down on your knees and hands; your wrists should be directly under your shoulders.
- Lift your knees and straighten legs behind you until your body forms a straight line.
- Make sure you don’t let your belly sag, or let your back arch.
- Hold that position for 1-2 breaths. Work up to 5 breaths.
Want stronger biceps and shoulders? This is your workout!
- Sit on the edge of a strong chair. Keep your back straight, feet on the floor and arms on the sides.
- Hold a weight weighing 5-8 pound in each hand. The palms should be facing your body.
- Next, bend your elbows such that your arms form a 90 degree angle.
- Now, while keeping the elbows bent, lift the weights to shoulder-height.
- Slowly lower your arms to your sides to return to starting position.
1.Walking: One of the easiest cardiovascular exercises which is doable almost anywhere and doesn’t require any equipment at all. It is recommended throughout the pregnancy till the end since it doesn’t put pressure on your knees or ankles!
2.Swimming: This cardiovascular exercise has been hailed as the safest and best exercise for pregnant women. It is ideal due to its involvement of large muscles of both arms and legs. It is also good for making pregnant women feel lighter despite the extra pounds.
3.Dancing: Dance to your favorite track in the comfortable setting of your room, or join a dance group. Dancing is a healthy way to get your heart pumping. Make sure you avoid any kids of leaps, twirls and jumps!