Saffron is more commonly known as Kesar. It is used in food because of its rich flavor. It is also added into several beverages because of its aroma, color and flavor. However, what people do not know is its beneficial use for skin. Here are a few amazing beauty benefits of Kesar that you need to know.
We all realize at some point of our lives that we need to start taking care of our skin. The environment isn’t always in our favor. Saffron is one of the things that may work as a beauty ingredient for a beautiful skin.
1. Glowing Skin with Kesar
Prepare the following mask to get your face glowing. Makeup is awesome but it’s even better to not need it at all.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder and 3 strands of Kesar (Saffron) in 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Cleanse your face and then apply the mask while your face is still wet.
- Massage the mask on to your skin.
- Leave it on to dry for approximately 20 minutes.
- Apply this mask twice a week to get radiant skin.
2. Kesar for Fair Skin
To lighten your skin tone you can use these natural masks made with saffron.
Saffron and Milk
- Soak a few strands of saffron in milk for 2 to 3 hours.
- Dab the milk all over your face.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes.
Sunflower Seeds and Saffron
- Soak saffron strands and sunflower seeds in milk.
- Leave it overnight.
- Grind the mixture.
- Apply to your face.
- Apply this mixture once or twice a week to get fairer skin.
3. Saffron for Acne and Blemishes
Saffron has anti-fungal properties that help get rid of acne, blemishes and blackheads.
- Make a paste of basil leaves and 12 strands of saffron.
- Apply the paste on your face.
- Wash it off with cold water when it dries up.
Saffron soap can be used as well twice daily to avoid acne and blackheads.
4. Treat Dull Looking Skin with Saffron
- Add 2-3 strands of saffron to 1 teaspoon of water.
- Leave it overnight.
- Add 1 spoon of milk, 3 drops of olive oil and ¼ teaspoon of sugar to the yellow water.
- Soak bread into this mixture and apply it on your face.
- Let it dry for a few minutes.
This mask will bring a glow to the face and also exfoliate the skin.
5. Saffron for Luminous Complexion
Add a few strands of saffron to honey. Apply this onto your face and massage in a circular motion. This stimulates the blood flow and gives a glowing complexion.
6. Use Saffron as a Toner
Toning your skin is essential because pores can get clogged with dirt and cause acne. Scrub your skin with saffron and rosewater and then leave it on to dry up.
7. Kesar Improves Skin Texture
- Boil 1/2 cup of water.
- Add 5 strands of saffron and 4 tablespoons of milk powder to the water.
- Apply it onto your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- This gives a smooth texture to the skin.
8. Treats Dry Skin
Lemon and saffron are both good for skin so, make a face pack and use it in your daily routine to get a flawless, moisturized and glowing skin.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to saffron powder.
- If you have a dry skin, then you may add a few drops of milk as well.
- Make a paste and spread it all over the face.
- Leave it on for half an hour and then wash it off with warm water.
9. Kesar Helps Heal Scars
Acne leaves behind scars and dark spots which are hard to get rid of. Saffron extract treats these scars and blemishes and gives you a flawless, glowing skin.
Image Credits: Google, google