18 Natural Ways to lighten Dark Underarms
Summers are all about flaunting our style with sleeveless tops and dresses. However, dark underarms always give us a hitch wearing our favorite outfit. Well, it’s time to deal with it and fix the problem. It isn’t usually very serious and yet it is very common. It occurs commonly due to antiperspirants, hair removal creams, shaving and improper ventilation. Therefore, to lighten the dark underarms, home remedies always work if you aren’t so lazy.
1. Baking Soda
You don’t need deodorants or antiperspirants if you have baking soda at home. Baking soda makes an amazing scrub that will make your underarms look lighter by scrubbing away the dead and damaged skin. It also kills germs and unclogs the skin pores.
1. Make a paste of baking soda and water.
2. Scrub your underarms with it and then wash with cold water. (Do not overuse it)
Lemon has a bleaching property. It cleanses your underarms due to its anti-septic and anti-bacterial properties.
1. Cut a lemon into pieces.
2. Rub it on your underarms before taking shower every day.
3. Repeat daily. (Rub gently)
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
It prevents dead skin accumulation and also lightens dark underarms because of its acidic nature.
1. Dilute ACV in water in 1:2 ratio.
2. Apply it on your underarms and let it dry.
3. Repeat daily for a few weeks.
Potatoes also act as bleaching agents and are mildly acidic.
1. Cut a potato into slices.
2. Rub a slice onto your underarm and let it dry.
3. Wash with warm water.
4. Repeat twice daily.
5. Coconut oil
Vitamin E is good for skin and coconut oil is rich with it.
1. Rub coconut oil onto your underarms for 10 minutes.
2. Wash it off with a soap and warm water.
3. Repeat 2 to 3 times daily.
Olive oil makes your skin look flawless due to its antioxidant properties.
1. Mix 3 tbsp. olive oil with brown sugar.
2. Apply the mixture onto your wet underarms.
3. Rinse it off after 5 minutes and repeat two times a week.
Vinegar kills germs and bacteria thus lighten up the underarms’ skin tone.
- Make a thick paste of vinegar and rice flour.
2. Apply it onto your underarms after taking a hot shower.
3. Let it dry.
4. Rinse after 10 minutes.
Cucumber also has a bleaching effect and cleanses the skin.
- Cut cucumber into slices.
2. Rub it over the dark skin.
3. Let it sit for a few minutes and the rinse it off.
4. Apply it daily.
Sandalwood contains lightening properties. It is a great option for treating dark armpits as its fragrance eliminates body odor.
- Mix 2 tbsp. sandalwood powder and rosewater to make a paste.
2. Apply it directly on your underarms.
3. Let it dry for 15 minutes.
4. Wash it off with cold water and repeat daily.
10. Vitamin E oil
Vitamin E nourishes skin bringing it back to its normal self.
- Rub vitamin E oil, that has been squeezed out of the capsule, onto your underarms.
- Let it sit for a while and then rinse it off with water.
Yogurt contains bacteria that are good for skin and also contains lactic acid.
- Apply yogurt onto your underarms.
2. Rub it for a few minutes.
3. Rinse off with water.
4. Repeat every day.
12. Orange peel
Orange peels also contain vitamin E. The peels are used for exfoliating that can lighten up the dark underarms.
- Grind the sun dried orange peels into a powder form.
2. Mix orange peels with rose water and milk.
3. Apply this paste onto your underarms.
4. Wash it off with cold water after 15 minutes.
Saffron kills bacteria and germs that cause darkening of the skin.
Soak saffron in milk for a few minutes.
2. Apply it onto your underarms and leave it overnight.
3. Wash it off in the morning.
Milk contains lactic acid and is full of vitamins that lighten the dark underarms.
Massage your dark underarms with milk for 10 minutes.
2. Wash it off with water.
15. Gram Flour
Gram flour is an amazing scrub and lightens up the skin.
1. Mix 2 tbsp. flour with 1 tsp. yogurt and lemon juice.
2. Also add a pinch of turmeric powder.
3. Massage this mixture onto your skin for 5 minutes.
4. Wash it with warm water.
Apples contain AHA’s that kill germs and bacteria, which are the cause of dark underarms. They also exfoliate the skin to make it appear lighter.
1. Mash 2 small apples.
2. Massage it onto your dark underarms.
3. Leave it on for a while and then peel it off.
Honey has anti bacterial properties that kill germs and bacteria to make the skin appear lighter.
1. Apply it onto your dark underarms.
2. Let the honey dry.
3. Wash it off once it is completely dried.
Papaya is known to lighten up the skin. It contains enzymes that also nourish the skin.
- Cut a piece of papaya and rub it onto your dark underarms.
2. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
3. Rinse thoroughly with water.
4. Repeat 4 times in a week.Now you are absolutely ready to go out in the sun and flaunt your sun kissed and flawless skin and not be bothered about those dark underarms.
Image Credits: google