Tamatar ki Chutney or Tomato Chutney
Tamatar ki chutney is a delicious spicy side dish to the main meal. Made with tomatoes, onions and green chilies, it is cooked on a low flame for at least an hour where it reduces into delicious chunky chutney. Serve with daal chawal or paratha.
- 2 – 3 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- ½ kg tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3-4 green chili, sliced
- Coriander, for garnish
- Heat oil. Add onions and fry while stirring constantly till light golden.
- Add tomatoes and spices (salt & red chilli pepper).
- Cook on low heat, stirring every few minutes till oil separates.
- Add green chillis and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve slightly warm or room temperature.