Green chilies or jalapenos are filled with chicken and cheese, then crumb coated with flour, eggs and breadcrumbs to make this crispy crunchy snack. Serve with a delicious dip of your choice.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 150 grams boneless chicken
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Water, as required
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup cheese, shredded
- 24 – 30 large green chilies, or jalapenos
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Heat oil in a small frying pan.
- Add garlic paste, and then add boneless chicken.
- Season with salt and red chili powder, followed by lemon juice.
- Cook for about 15 – 20 minutes till the chicken is cooked through, adding a splash of water as necessary.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, take it off the heat and let it cool down.
- Shred the chicken and place it in a bowl. Add mayonnaise and cheese, and mix. This is the filling for the peri bites.
- Make a slit in the green chilies and remove the seeds. Place the deseeded green chilies in a bowl of water. Drain and dry the green chilies.
- Use a spoon to fill the green chilies with about a teaspoon of the filling.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt to breadcrumbs and set flour, egg and breadcrumbs for dipping.
- Dip the filled green chilies in flour, then egg, and lastly breadcrumbs. Repeat the same thing again for a thicker and crispier coating.
- Place the crumbed peri bites on a plate and place them in the freezer for about 30 – 45 minutes.
- Once the peri bites are chilled, heat oil and fry till light golden and crispy.
- Serve and enjoy!