Onion rings are a delicious appetizer made from sliced onions that are dipped in batter and then fried till crisp. Serve hot with ketchup on the side.
Onion Rings Recipe
- 1 cup flour (maida)
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- Soda water or club soda, as required
- 2 onions
- Bread crumbs, about 1 cup or as required
- Take a medium sized bowl and add flour, cornflour, red chili powder, red chili flakes, salt, black pepper and parsley. Mix with a fork.
- Add soda water, and keep whisking to ensure that there are no lumps. The batter should neither be too thick nor too thin. Set aside.
- Cut the onions at least ½ inch thick and separate into rings.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Dip the onion rings in the flour batter, followed by bread crumbs and then fry them in the oil.
- Fry till light golden and crispy.
- Remove on a kitchen towel and serve hot.