Chicken Fried Rice
Though fried rice is normally served with Chinese gravies, it is also delicious eaten on its own, especially a recipe like ours as it has both chicken and eggs. Fried rice is also a great way to utilize leftovers in the fridge.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- 100 gram chicken boneless, cut in strips
- ½ cup white part on green onion
- ½ cup carrot
- ¼ cup capsicum
- 2 teaspoons soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups gram cooked rice
- Green chilies
- ½ teaspoon chili sauce
- Wash, soak and boil rice. The rice should preferably be day old, as fresh rice can turn out too soft and mushy for Chinese fried rice.
- Take two eggs in a small bowl, and add salt and white pepper. Whisk well.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan and cook the egg, whisking with a spoon to make scrambled eggs. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, and add garlic and red chili flakes. Cook for about a minute.
- Add boneless chicken and saute for a few minutes till color changes from pink to white.
- Add onion, capsicum and carrots. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and add soya sauce, vinegar and salt.
- Add the cooked rice, and toss the rice with spices and vegetables. Cook for about five minutes so that the rice is warmed through.
- Add chili sauce, and adjust seasonings if required.
- Serve hot with Chicken Manchurian or chicken chili.
Though fried rice is normally served with Chinese gravies, it is also delicious eaten on its own especially a recipe like ours as it has both chicken and eggs.