Make a delicious beef burger in the comfort of your own home. This particular recipe has caramelized onions to add a burst of flavor. Serve with French fries, of course!
For Beef Burger:
- 500 gram beef mince
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices cheese
- Oil, for grilling
For Onion Topping:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
Assembling the Beef Burger:
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- To prepare the caramelized onion topping. Take a large frying pan and heat oil. Add onion, capsicum and seasonings along with Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Cook for about 6 – 8 minutes till the vegetables are soft and caramelized. Remove and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, gently mix the beef, salt and pepper. Form beef patties, and set aside. In this amount of meat, 4 large beef patties can be made or 6 – 7 small beef patties can be made.
- Heat a grill pan or a frying pan and heat oil. Add the burger patties, cooking for about 4 – 5 minutes each side until cooked through. Top the burgers with a slice of cheese. Let the cheese melt (about 30 – 45 seconds) and take off the grill.
- Start assembling the burger. Toast off the burger pans in a grill pan or a frying pan. Place the bottom burger on a plate and add mayonnaise, salad leaves, tomatoes and beef patty with cheese.
- Top with the caramelized vegetables and the top burger bun. Serve with French fries.