Stress Less with these Easy Tips
Stress not only destroys your inner health, but also damages your outer beauty. You may not be aware of the fact that stress and tension not only causes wrinkles, white hair and acne, but it is also the reason behind major diseases such as diabetes and heart problems.
To live a stress-free life, you don’t need a spa weekend or a retreat. Each of these stress-relieving tips can get you from breakdown to relief in a matter of minutes! Have a look at them.
Often when we feel stressed or nervous, our breathing becomes faster and shallower. We often notice ourselves breathing fast and may think ‘whoa, I’m so nervous!’ and this may cause us to stress out even more!
- Spend 2-3 minutes focusing on breathing deeply in and out for 6 seconds to start with and then for 3 seconds.
- This exercise will help you feel more in control of your body and can slow down and clarify your thoughts.
Take Some Time Off
The best way is to take some time out for you and try to do something that you enjoy, like reading books.
- Whenever you’re stressed out, simply take a book out and lose yourself into it.
- In case you are not a book lover, go out to a park, watch a movie, or go shopping. Just do whatever you like to do!
Exercise, Even for a Moment
Exercise doesn’t necessarily mean power lifting at the gym or training for a marathon.
- A short walk or simply standing up can offer immediate relief in a stressful situation.
Getting your blood moving releases endorphins and can improve your mood almost instantaneously.
No one understands the importance of a healthy lifestyle, especially for stress management. It is studied that reorganizing your health and developing healthy habits provides more energy and builds coping resilience.
For instance, exercise not only improves physical functioning, but it also helps your brain work better and process information better. Physical wellbeing isn’t merely your health insurance, but your basic defense against stress.
And The Most Important, Laugh!
Laugh and de-stress at the same time. There is so much truth to the saying ‘Laughter is the best medicine’. One medical study noticed that patients, who laughed more regularly appeared to have better immune systems, heal faster and appeared to be calmer than patients who did not laugh as much.
- So, if you’re feeling stressed out, catch up with a friend who would make you laugh or watch a comedy show. If you can’t do that, force yourself to laugh.