10 Things People With Anxiety Can Relate To
Living with anxiety is as exhausting as it is frustrating. And other people aren’t making it any easier.
- When your brain is sending you a warning… but you don’t know about what.
- Everything is fine until BAM! The paranoia part of your anxiety kicks in.
- So you try to escape the people around you and find a quiet space to calm down
- When you’re out with your friend and she suddenly announces some people you don’t know will be coming to hang out as well
- When during an anxiety episode you look fine on the outside but your brain is utter chaos
- People think saying ‘just breathe, you’ll be fine’ will solve everything.
- It’s next to impossible to explain what it’s like to people who don’t have anxiety
- Any variation of ‘we need to talk’ can violently throw you into a major freak out
- You’re pretty sure having to make phone calls are a torture method from hell.
- You should probably steer clear of coffee, energy drinks, and cigarettes but you have no self-control and then you suffer.
In any case, you should be proud of yourself for managing to live with something that can be so tough to cope with!