10 Foods to Boost Your Brainpower
Your food choices play a vital role in your brain function. There are certain foods that can definitely make you smarter and sharper. Here we’ve rounded up top 10 brain foods coming out right from your kitchen to increase your brainpower, memory and focus. Have a look!
This vegetable is a very good source of choline, a type of Vitamin B. It helps in brain development.
- Eating this during pregnancy has innumerable positive effects on the brain activity of the fetus.
- It has shown to boost cognitive function, better memory and learning.
- Lessens age related decline in memory and susceptibility of the brain to toxins during childhood and later life.
- In addition to this, broccoli contains nutrients that work in sync to help the body’s detoxification processes.
- Walnuts are an amazing source of natural omega-3 fats, phytosterols, and antioxidants.
- Omega-3s increase brain function and encourage brain health.
- Walnuts also have vitamin E, folate, melatonin, and antioxidants.
- Research has also shown that walnut intake increases the inferential reasoning of young adults.
- It may also increase your health span and improve cognitive and motor functions in aging.
- Celery is a very rich source of luteolin, which soothes inflammation in your brain, which is the main cause of brain degeneration.
4. Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil is an amazing source of ketones. Research has shown that ketones might restore and renew neurons and nerve function in your brain.
- Only 20 grams, or 2 tablespoons of coconut oil a day is needed to provide you with the necessary amount.
- Blueberries contain antioxidants and other phytochemicals that are linked to the betterment in learning, thinking, and memory.
- They’re also comparatively low in fructose, making them a healthier fruit.
- Wild blueberries are also known to help prevent Alzheimer’s and other types of brain diseases.
- They also help lessen the effects of a poor diet.
6. Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin seeds are much richer sources of zinc than other seeds. This valuable mineral is very important in enhancing memory and thinking skills.
- Pumpkin seeds also contain magnesium- which helps decrease stress, vitamin B, and tryptophan, which is the precursor to serotonin, the good mood chemical.
- Turmeric contains the anti-inflammatory antioxidant curcumin, which is able to cross your blood brain barrier and can aid in many neurological disorders.
- Curcumin has proven to boost memory retentiveness and causes the production of new brain cells.
- It also slows down the process of accumulation of destructive beta amyloids in the brains of Alzheimer’s patients, as well as break up already existing plaque.
- The primary fuel for your brain is glucose, which comes from carbohydrates in your diet such as common in oats.
- Due to the fact that your body breaks down carbohydrates very slowly, you remain sharp for a longer period of time.
- Lentils are brimming with folate, a B vitamin which has been proven to help increase brainpower.
- Folate also plays an important role in lowering the levels of amino acids which can have negative effects on brain functions.
- To increase your intake of lentils, add them to soups and salads.
10. Wild Alaskan Salmon
- The omega-3 fats that are contained in wild Alaskan salmon helps fight inflammation in your body, and protect your brain cells.