Two Different Ways to Make Pasta Sauces
Whether it’s macaroni, noodles or spaghetti we love pasta in all its forms. Here are two quick sauces that can be made for lunch, dinner or just a snack. The first one is a Garlic Mushroom Sauce served with macaroni and the second is a spicy Tomato Garlic Sauce served with noodles. Which one is your favorite?
Garlic Mushroom Sauce with Macaroni
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 100 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 chicken cube
- Salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes (adjust to taste)
- ½ cup cream
- 200 grams macaroni, boiled
- Red chili flakes, for garnish
- Parsley, for garnish
- Heat butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms, followed by flour. Saute for about a minute to remove the raw flavor.
- Add milk and whisk to remove lumps.
- Season by adding chicken cube, salt and pepper.
- Add cream and stir well. In case sauce is too thick, add milk or chicken stock to thin.
- Add boiled macaroni and mix through.
- Garnish with red chili flakes and parsley.
- Boiled and shredded chicken can also be added in this recipe.
- Other types of pasta like noodles or spaghetti can be used instead of macaroni.
Garlic Tomato Sauce with Noodles
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- ½ kg tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- ½ teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 3 green chilies, deseeded and sliced
- Heat oil and add garlic. Saute till garlic is light brown.
- Add onions, followed by chopped tomatoes.
- Add sugar, black pepper, red chili flakes and parsley.
- Cook on low heat for about 30 minutes till the tomatoes are soft.
- Mash the tomatoes with a spoon for a chunky texture. In case the tomato sauce is getting dry, add water.
- Add ketchup, salt and green chilies. Cook for about 5 minutes and then add the boiled noodles.
- Stir through and dish out in a bowl.
- Garnish with green chilies.
In case you prefer a smooth sauce, put the tomato sauce in a blender with a little bit of water and process till smooth. Alternatively, a hand/immersion blender can also be used.
Image Credits: paka dey