Whether it’s macaroni, noodles or spaghetti we love pasta in all its forms. Here are two quick sauces that can be made for lunch, dinner or just a snack. The first one is a Garlic Mushroom Sauce served with macaroni and the second is a spicy Tomato Garlic Sauce served with noodles. Which one is your favorite?
Garlic Mushroom Sauce with Macaroni
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 100 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 chicken cube
- Salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes (adjust to taste)
- ½ cup cream
- 200 grams macaroni, boiled
- Red chili flakes, for garnish
- Parsley, for garnish
- Heat butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms, followed by flour. Saute for about a minute to remove the raw flavor.
- Add milk and whisk to remove lumps.
- Season by adding chicken cube, salt and pepper.
- Add cream and stir well. In case sauce is too thick, add milk or chicken stock to thin.
- Add boiled macaroni and mix through.
- Garnish with red chili flakes and parsley.
- Boiled and shredded chicken can also be added in this recipe.
- Other types of pasta like noodles or spaghetti can be used instead of macaroni.
Garlic Tomato Sauce with Noodles
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- ½ kg tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- ½ teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 3 green chilies, deseeded and sliced
- Heat oil and add garlic. Saute till garlic is light brown.
- Add onions, followed by chopped tomatoes.
- Add sugar, black pepper, red chili flakes and parsley.
- Cook on low heat for about 30 minutes till the tomatoes are soft.
- Mash the tomatoes with a spoon for a chunky texture. In case the tomato sauce is getting dry, add water.
- Add ketchup, salt and green chilies. Cook for about 5 minutes and then add the boiled noodles.
- Stir through and dish out in a bowl.
- Garnish with green chilies.
In case you prefer a smooth sauce, put the tomato sauce in a blender with a little bit of water and process till smooth. Alternatively, a hand/immersion blender can also be used.
Image Credits: paka dey