Team HTV May 16 2017
Qeema Spaghetti or Keema Spaghetti is a delicious pasta dish comprising of a rich tomato meat sauce served over boiled spaghetti. This will be a favorite among kids and even adults too.
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ kg beef or chicken mince
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley (or other Italian herbs)
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 chicken cube dissolved in water
- 400gm spaghetti, boiled
- Green chilies, for garnish
- Boil spaghetti as per packet instructions and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, wok or karahi. Add sliced garlic and saute till light brown.
- Add onions and saute for about 3 – 4 minutes till onion is translucent.
- Turn heat to medium-high and add beef or chicken mince. Cook for a few minutes till color changes.
- Add tomatoes, flour, tomato puree, red chili powder, salt, black pepper and parsley. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, and turn heat to low. Cook on simmer till mince is tender. If the mince is sticking to the bottom, add more water. Remember that beef mince will take longer to cook versus chicken mince.
- Divide spaghetti among individual bowls or place in a large platter.
- Ladle the mince sauce over the spaghetti and garnish with green chilies.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.
Image Credits: paka dey