Easy Gourmet Burger
Karachi, with its diverse cuisine, is seeing an increase in the latest food trend i.e. burger joints. In every corner of every commercial avenue, you see a bright and shiny burger place with its catchy name and a promise to feed you the best burger of your life. Promising taste, meat and diversity, alas, these restaurants are not very budget friendly. So does that mean we stop eating burgers? Or that we create our very own gourmet burger, fancier, more hygienic and much more budget friendly than any burger out there? For all those wondering, that was a rhetorical question. Let’s begin!
- Fry the frozen tender pops and keep aside.
- In a frying pan, add a teaspoon of butter and fry the onion until tender. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper for taste.
- To this pan, add the jalapenos and tender pops and mix for few minutes.
- Add about 1 ½ cups of barbecue sauce to the pan and mix well. Take the filling off the heat for a few minutes.
- On the buns, apply ketchup to the lower half. Add a slice of cheddar on top of this and now start putting the filling. Make sure to get the onions, jalapenos and tender pops in appropriate ratio.
- Add some grated mozzarella on top of the filling and squeeze some mustard and ketchup. Place the top half of the bun.
- (Optional) On a clean pan. Add half a tea spoon of oil or butter, just enough to grease the pan. Place you burger on the pan 30-40 seconds on each side to get the buns crispy and the cheese melting.
- Serve with a side of fries or wedges.