Chicken karahi is one of Pakistan’s famous dishes, easily available at every street corner. Make this quick version at home using fresh chicken, lots of chicken and green chilies. Serve it in a local karahi to give it that authentic look and feel.
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ kg chicken, cut into pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tomatoes, skin removed and chopped
- 3-4 whole green chilies, chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Fresh coriander, for garnish
- Heat oil in a wok, karahi or large pot.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for about 30 seconds – 1 minute till the raw flavor disappears.
- Turn heat to high and add chicken. Cook till the chicken color changes from pink to white.
- Add salt and chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for a minute, and then turn heat to low. Cover till chicken is tender and tomatoes are mashed.
- If the chicken is sticking to the bottom, add a splash of water.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add black pepper and green chilies.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with naan.
Note: Make sure to use freshly ground black pepper for this recipe, as it will greatly enhance the flavor.
Image Credits: paka dey