This simple vegetarian recipe is made with potatoes, peas and cauliflower in an onion-tomato gravy seasoned with delicious Pakistani spices. This can be served with rice or roti based on personal preference.
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup onion, roughly chopped
- ½ inch garlic, chopped
- Water, for blending
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup peas
- 1 or 2 green chilies, cut in half
- Fresh coriander, for garnish
- Take a blender and add tomatoes, garlic, onion and ginger. Blend with a little water to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Wash the cauliflower, and cut into florets. If the florets are too large, cut in half.
- Wash, peel and cube the potatoes. Keep in salted water if not using immediately, otherwise it will turn black. Peel and wash the peas.
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds. Cook for 30 seconds, and then add chopped onions.
- Fry onions till translucent and then add the blended tomato paste.
- Cook for about 10 – 15 minutes till oil starts leaving the sides and then add the spices (turmeric, red chili powder, salt and coriander powder).
- Add the cauliflower, potatoes and peas.
- Stir the vegetables together, and then add 2 – 3 cups of water.
- Add green chilies, and bring the vegetable curry to a boil. Turn heat to low, cover the pan and cook for about 25 – 30 minutes till the vegetables are cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.
Image Credits: paka dey