4 Nutritious Sehri Recipes
Your entire day during Ramadan depends on what you eat for sehri. It is the main meal of the day and you should eat proper balanced and nutritious sehri meals. Here are a few sehri recipes that you can try for yourself and your family to ensure good health throughout the month.
1. Rice Pudding with Dates
The rice in this sehri recipe provides you enough carbohydrates to keep you going through the day and the dates provide you with glucose that is essential for your body.
calories: 192 cals/ serving
Rice: 2 cups (boiled)
Dates: 16 pieces chopped
Sugar: 3 tbsp. (as per taste or requirement)
Milk: 2 cups
Put milk on low heat and add sugar and dates in it.
2. Blend the cooked rice in the milk after it has been cooled down.
3. Cook this mixture over low heat.
4. Cook for about 20 minutes or till the dates become soft.
5. Serve warm or cold!
Mutton or beef: 1 kg
Rice: ¼ cup
Wheat grains: ½ cup
Green lentils: ¼ cup
Ground garlic: 1 tsp.
Black pepper: 2 tsp.
Salt: as per taste
Soak grains and leave them overnight.
2. Boil the grains in salted water.
3. Fry onions in a pan till golden red and then add garlic paste.
4. Add meat, salt and water to the pan and cook till the meat becomes tender.
5. Take the meat out of the pan and grind it coarsely.
6. Now put the meat pack in the same pan along with wheat, rice and green lentils.
7. Add black pepper and cook.
8. Garnish with fried onions, spring onions and ginger.
Butter 2 tbsp.
Stalk celery 1 stalk
Onions 2 (chopped)
Chickpeas 1 15oz. can
Tomatoes 1 15oz. can (crushed)
Turmeric ¼ tsp.
Ginger 1 tsp.
Cinnamon ½ tsp.
Tomato 1 tbsp. (paste)
Salt 1 tbsp.
Rice 1/3 cup
Flour 2 tbsp. mixed with ½ cup water.
Parsley ½ cup chopped
Cilantro ½ cup chopped
Lemon juice 2 tbsp.
Lemon 1 ( cut into 6 wedges)
Lean lamb ½ lb. (small pieces)
1. Melt butter in a saucepan.
2. Sauté celery and onions in the butter.
3. Add the lamb pieces and cook till it turns brown.
5. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, turmeric powder, ginger, cinnamon, tomato paste, salt and 2 quarts of water.
6. Bring to boil and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
7. Add 1/3 cup of rice.
8. Simmer for 15 more minutes till the rice become tender.
9. Turn the flour into a smooth paste by adding hot liquid.
10. Add the flour to the soup and let it simmer.
11. Add parsley, cilantro and lemon juice after 15 minutes of cooking.
12. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve!
4. Oatmeal with Mango and Coconut
It’s mango season, so why not add mangoes to your sehri recipes. It will fulfill your need for fruits as well and kill the craving to eat something sweet all day long.
Coconut 2 tbsp. (unsweetened and flaked)
Oats as per choice (rolled)
Brown sugar 1 tbsp.
Mango ½ cup (chopped)
Cashews 2 tbsp. (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Toast the coconut flakes on a baking sheet till it turns golden.
2. Cook the oats first in water and then add them to milk. Let it cook for a while till it becomes thick.
3. Add brown sugar and the top it with chopped mangoes, cashews and coconut.
4. Serve cold!
Image Credits: google