There are many different types of potato salad. Our recipe is an American style one with boiled potatoes, eggs, mayonnaise and mustard for flavoring. Serve cold as a delicious side-dish.
- ½ kg potatoes
- 3 eggs
- ¾ – 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 – 3 tablespoon spring onions
- Red chili powder, for garnish
- Wash and peel potatoes. Boil potatoes in salted water until soft. Cool to room temperature and chop.
- Boil eggs in a saucepan till they are hard-boiled. Cool the eggs and peel them. Finely chop the eggs.
- Take a small bowl and make the dressing. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard powder, salt and black pepper. Whisk and set aside.
- Take a large bowl to make the potato salad.
- Add the chopped potatoes, eggs and onion.
- Add the dressing and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings if required.
- Top with spring onions and red chili powder.
- Serve cold, with more spring onions for garnish.