Mango Lassi Ice-Lolly
Turn your favorite summer beverage into a delicious dessert. Make some mango lassi with chopped mangoes, yoghurt and milk then pour it into ice-lolly molds to create a refreshing dessert perfect for the summer months.
- 2 cups ripe mango, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt, strained
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place mangoes, yogurt, milk, sugar, cardamom and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sugar content, if required.
- Pour the blended mango mixture into the popsicle/ice-lolly molds and freeze until solid, preferably overnight.
- To unmold, run hot water around the outside of the molds for a brief time until you can easily pull the popsicles/ice-lolly out.
Note: This dessert can be made using mango pulp instead of fresh mangoes. Just adjust the sugar content as necessary.