Kheer is our version of rice pudding made with rice and milk, flavored with cardamom and saffron. Make sure to garnish with lots of crushed pistachios and almonds to make it taste even more delicious.
- ½ cup rice washed
- 1 liter of milk
- 3 – 4 green cardamom, crushed
- 2 – 3 strands saffron
- 4-5 tablespoon sugar, or more to taste
- Dry fruit (pistachio & almonds, for garnish)
- Wash, and soak rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring a liter of milk to boil.
- Turn heat to low, and add cardamom, saffron and soaked rice.
- Add sugar, and stir to dissolve.
- Cook rice on low flame till soft, and stir constantly to make sure that the milk doesn’t boil over or stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the cooked kheer in a glass dish. Let it cool for about 10 – 15 minutes, and then garnish with crushed dry fruit (pistachios and almonds).
- Keep in the fridge till chilled.
- Serve cold.