This aromatic Pakistani Ginger Chicken salan (or curry in English) is made with boneless chicken and tomatoes, with lots of thinly sliced ginger for a delicious flavor and aroma. Don’t skimp on either the coriander or the garlic otherwise you will lose the characteristic flavor of the dish.
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ kg chicken, boneless
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup yoghurt
- 2 – 3 green chili
- 1 inch ginger, julienne cut
- ¼ – ½ cup fresh coriander as required
Method of Ginger Chicken:
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add sliced onion and saute for 4-5 minutes till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, saute and then add boneless chicken.
- Saute for about a minute till the chicken color changes from pink to white.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Add tomato paste, yoghurt and green chilies. Let it cook till chicken is tender. Add water if necessary.
- Add julienne ginger and coriander leaves. Cover and let cook for about 2-3 minutes to let the aroma infuse through the chicken.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle with more coriander on top.