Chicken White Korma
If you are bored of the regular korma made at home, give chicken white korma a try. Traditional Pakistani spices are mixed with almonds and cream for a deliciously rich recipe that will tantalize your taste buds.
- 600 gram chicken
- 250 gram yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ tablespoon white pepper
- 4 – 5 tablespoon oil
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 – 6 green cardamoms
- 3 – 4 cloves
- 1 onion, made into a paste
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup almond paste
- 1/4 cup cream
- Green chilies, for garnish
- Coriander, for garnish
- Soak almonds in warm water. Let it sit for a while and then remove skin. Grind to a paste with a little bit of water.
- Place chicken in a bowl. Add yogurt, white pepper powder, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste and marinate for an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan, and add whole spices (cloves, cinnamon and green cardamoms). Cook for a minute, and then add the onion paste.
- Let the onion paste cook till it turns light golden, and then add the chicken. Add salt.
- Cook the chicken on low heat till the oil separates and the chicken is cooked through. If necessary, add a splash of water and cover the pan with a lid for a couple of minutes.
- Add cream followed by almond paste. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes and then take off the flame.
- Garnish with green chilies and coriander and serve hot.