Aloo ki Tarkari
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 250 grams potatoes, cut into small cubes
- ½ – 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 – 4 whole red chili
- Coriander, for garnishing
- Heat oil in a medium sized pot.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and mustard seeds. Saute for about 30 seconds – 1 minute till the mustard seeds spluttering.
- Add chopped tomatoes, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped potatoes and stir them for a few minutes to coat with the spices.
- Add ½ cup – 1 cup water and bring the mixture to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling, turn heat to low and cover for about 20 minutes till potatoes are tender.
- Take off the lid, and mash the potatoes with a wooden spoon.
- Heat oil for tempering in a small sauce pan. Add whole red chilies and saute for about 15 – 30 seconds.
- Add the red chilies with the hot oil into the potato mixture.
- Garnish with coriander, and serve hot with paratha or puri.