Your Ultimate Guide to Nuts
Eating nuts as part of a healthy diet can be good for your heart. Nuts, which contain unsaturated fatty acids and other nutrients, are a great snack food, too. They’re inexpensive, easy to store and easy to pack when you’re on the go.
Many nuts are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s are a healthy form of fatty acids that seem to help your heart by, among other things, preventing dangerous heart rhythms that can lead to heart attacks. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in many kinds of fish, but nuts are one of the best plant-based sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
Nuts seem to be very healthy. They contain proteins, vitamins and minerals too. Nuts have always been those power packed foods that provide instant energy and do good to your health in many ways.
A lot of people do not realize the importance of eating nuts but is important to consume nuts to be in shape and provide for your health in a way that is complete and fulfilling. The type of nut you eat isn’t that important, although some nuts have more heart-healthy nutrients and fats than do others.
Nuts are very calorie dense and low in water contents, so eating a lot of those might make you put up a few extra kilo. This key is to eat them in moderation. A little quantity is beneficial and would get your health going in the right direction.
A few nuts along with their nutritional value and advantages are discussed below:
1. Almonds: These contain 163 calories per oz and contain good amount of calcium, iron, manganese, vitamin E and phosphorous. These are considered to be the most nutritionally dense nuts among all the others. Almonds help in weight loss, reducing fat and also lowering the blood pressure.
2. Brazil Nuts: These contain 205 calories per oz. They contain good amounts of selenium, vitamin E, copper and phosphorus. These are quite beneficial for your digestive system since they contain fiber and also robust your energy level.
3. Cashew Nuts: These conatain163 calories per oz. Cashews are rich in magnesium, phosphorous, copper iron and protein. These little pieces of miracles not only taste really good but also provide for healthy bones, teeth, hair, skin and nails.
4. Hazel Nuts: These contain 178 calories per oz. They incorporate magnesium, copper, selenium, fiber and vitamin E. These nuts are very healthy and help to avoid premature aging and cell/tissue disintegration. These nuts are also responsible for producing healthy red and white blood cells.
5. Macadamia Nuts: These contain 204 calories per oz. These are good sources of magnesium, potassium, manganese and thiamin. The macadamia nuts control the cholesterol levels thus reducing any risks of heart diseases. These also provide for the normal body function and these boost your energy level too.
6. Peanuts: These contain 166 calories per oz. Peanuts being the most popular type of nuts contain protein, vitamin E, phosphorus, manganese and copper. These are responsible for minting healthy skin, hair and muscle. Peanuts also improve your metabolism.
7. Pecans: These conation 199 calories per oz. Pecans constitute of fiber, magnesium, copper and zinc. These healthy nuts are useful for controlling cholesterol level and fight against infection along with cancer.
8. Pine nuts: These contain 188 calories per oz. Contain a good amount of zinc, copper, magnesium, manganese and vitamin K. These nuts help to improve immune system increasing your energy level.
9. Pistachio: These contain 161 calories per oz. Constituting of fiber, thiamin, copper and manganese, these are a healthy snack. These are cholesterol free and help to strengthen your immune system.
10. Walnut: These contain 171 calories per oz. Walnuts constitute of good amounts of protein, manganese, vitamin B6 and copper. These help to prevent depression and arthritis.