My personal recipe for a non-traditional fried chicken!
Chicken is truly the love of Asians. We have been eating it in every other form since ages. Every now and then, we come to know of some new recipe in chicken can be made: some are really simple which result in delectable dishes and some recipes require millions of ingredients, to make it colorful.
After thinking about all the hurdles of cooking fried chicken and trying to create something different from traditional, I have come up with a simple yet delicious recipe for chicken that is unconventional and unique.
All you need are simple ingredients that are always found in our fridge.
Yogurt (1/2 cup)
Garlic paste (1/2 tbsp)
Ginger paste (1/2 tbsp)
Mint leaves (1/2 cup)
Coriander (1/2 cup)
Green chilies (9-10 depends on your taste)
Salt (2 tbsp)
Lemon (2 tbsp)
Cumin (1 tbsp)
Onion (1-2 cut in round shape – for garnishing)
Garlic (cut in long pieces – for garnishing)
- Make a paste of mint, coriander and green chilies.
- Mix lemon, salt and yogurt in the mixture.
- Marinate chicken with the mixture and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Pour one table spoon of oil and when it heats, add cumin and garlic ginger paste.
- After 10 seconds, add chicken in it and fry it for one to two minutes.
- Now cover the chicken for five minutes and let it cook in its own water on low flame.
- When the water dries, fry chicken for 2-3 minutes till oil comes out.
- Take out chicken in a bowl garnish it with onion and garlic.
- To make it more delicious at the end you can add some butter and fry chicken in it.
Trust me, you can always use this recipe whenever you have uninvited guests or you don’t want to spend a lot of time in kitchen. Enjoy it with naan or paratha.