Amazing Healing Properties of Honey with Cinnamon
Honey and cinnamon both have great healing properties, and when you mix them together the results are even more fabulous! However, to make it beneficial, you can’t use just any ingredient. You need to use Ceylon cinnamon, and local and raw honey, which has not been heated. You can find these at any nearby, healthy, grocery store. Here are seven uses of cinnamon with honey.
Lessening of Hair Loss
A great benefit of cinnamon and honey is that they reduce hair loss. It will help improve blood circulation in your scalp, which causes healthier and improved hair growth.
- All you need to do is mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and stir with heated olive oil.
- It will form a thick paste which you need to pour and massage into your scalp.
- Let it remain there for 15 minutes and then wash it out.
Honey and Cinnamon for Weight Loss
Consuming cinnamon with honey also helps with weight loss. These two natural remedies can help you drop some pesky pounds.
- All you need to do is mix 1 tablespoon of natural honey with 1 teaspoon of Ceylon cinnamon and mix with hot water.
- Drink half a glass of this concoction in the morning, and the other half before sleeping.
Lowering of Cholesterol
On their own, both honey and cinnamon have the property to lower your cholesterol level. However, when you mix them together, it dramatically increases the health benefit. Studies have shown that these ingredients helped a person with type2 diabetes by keeping his blood sugar at a regular level.
- Simply eat three- quarters of a teaspoon of cinnamon three times a day, and add 5 tablespoons of organic honey to your daily diet.
- This should help you keep your cholesterol under control.
Another benefit of the combination of honey with cinnamon is that it reduces fatigue. It increases your energy levels within a week and gives you a boost without raising your blood sugar. This is done without the jitters of caffeine. Just mix together half a tablespoon of honey with a glass of water and sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon on top. It will definitely energize you.
Reduces Joint Pain and Arthritis
A mixture of honey and cinnamon has been found to control the pain caused by arthritis. It helps joint pain and arthritis due to its anti- inflammatory properties. Simply combine a cup of hot water with a teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 teaspoons of honey. Drink this every day in the mornings and evenings before going to bed.
Drinking Honey with Cinnamon Cures Common Flu
Both cinnamon and honey contain antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. So, it’s a good option to cure your cold. It has been said that it is most effective in the beginning of your cold, so be prompt in using this remedy.
- Simply add a teaspoon of organic honey with a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon.
- The final product should look like a paste.
- Have it two times a day for three days and it should cure your cold.
Eases Upset Stomach
A use for honey and cinnamon is that it eases the pain caused by upset stomachs, and improves digestion. The recipe for this magical concoction is mixing together a glass of warm water, half a teaspoon of cinnamon, and a tablespoon of honey. Preferably drink it on an empty stomach.