Unwanted pop-up ads: Google to combat against bad advertisements
Unwanted pop-up advertisement is truly one of the most irritating factors when it comes to online surfing. They pop-out uninvited, they rarely show anything useful and they ruin the internet experience for consumers.
Eventually, you are left with two choices while dealing with bad, pop-up ads; 1) You leave the site because you simply cannot stand it and 2) You put up with it, feel agitated while watching it and most likely curse at your screen for having to forcefully see something you care zero about.
Because of a growth in this phenomenon and people turning to ad-blocks to have a better online experience, Google has felt the need to intervene.
Google believes European media firms, the search engine’s strictest industry commentators, share a typical risk, as most consumers have started using ad-blocking extensions and due to this, the organizations suffer greatly as they depend upon promoting their businesses through online ads.
Carlo d’Asaro Biondo, President of Google’s EMEA strategic relationships, made a point to the media in a conference in Munich on Thursday that customers hate bad advertisements, and that Google and the makers looking after content must accomplish more to shield purchasers from blatant online ads.
“The problem is that ad blockers that block all ads are throwing the baby out with the bathwater,” D’Asaro Biondo said, conferring to set comments for the conference. “We need to work together to create a standard for better ads online.”
His remarks came as a major aspect of a six-month intimidating charm by Google – its Digital News Initiative – to win over daily paper distributers with coordinated effort on innovation, advanced digitized newsroom preparing and subsidizing for small-scale media development ventures.
Over the previous years, the industry of media has frequently blamed Google for profiting to its detriment by making its substance uninhibitedly accessible by means of Google News, YouTube and different administrations to drive a huge gathering of people to see ads on Google destinations only.
While analysts have disparaged Google’s Digital News Initiative as offering token presents to the media business, somewhere in the range of 100 European distributers have joined to the venture since April, D’Asaro Biondo alleged, up from only 11 starting accomplices. He stated, those who are participating are open to decide to the amount of contribution they want to do, and it is not necessary to accept into Google’s “worldview”.
The online advertising market of Europe roused to 30 billion euros ($33 billion) in 2014, according to industry figures.This is the backbone of distributers and other manufacturers of content and Google plans to make it simpler for news associations to get their portion, D’Asaro Biondo said.
Two weeks back, Google made an announcement of a new facility called Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) which is intended to speed up the loading of online news pages in cell phone search engines, conceivably decreasing reader’s objection about ads popping up altering to the speed turn-up of the page. AMP will start running in Google Search in the starting of 2016, he said.
Whereas, it is claimed that Google gets about 90 percent of its revenue from ads. Thus, it will not exactly be an easy task for them to conquer.
Around 200 million people have been using ad blockers since last year, increasing 40 percent from a year before that, rounding off to a total of $22 billion being lost in revenue from advertisements, rendering to a recent study by Adobe and Page Fair, an anti-ad blocking technology company.