Just talking about it makes your head itch. Getting rid of head lice can be tricky. Even after putting in a lot of effort to get rid of these bugs, if you miss out just one tiny nit, lice appears again within no time. It is devastating. Do not gross out if your kid gets lice, you still have to help your kid out. Here are a few ways that you can try at home to get rid of this tiny bug that has taken over you or your kid’s head.
1. Mix garlic paste with lime juice and apply it directly onto your scalp. Rinse your hair with warm water after half an hour.
2. Make a thick paste by combining garlic juice, shampoo, cooking oil, lemon extract, green tea and a bit of conditioner. Leave this paste on your scalp for an hour and then wash it with a normal shampoo.
2. Olive Oil
Olive oil helps kill head lice effectively.
1. Apply olive oil to your hair.
2. Leave it over night.
3. Comb out the lice in the morning.
4. Shampoo your hair.
3. Baby Oil
Baby oil is another way of killing head lice by suffocating them.
1. Apply baby oil to your hair and comb out the lice.
2. Shampoo your hair with warm water.
3. Apply vinegar to your hair before going to bed.
4. Shampoo your hair in the morning.
Salt helps eradicate head lice through desiccation.
1. Mix ¼ cup salt and ¼ cup vinegar.
2. Spray this onto your hair.
3. Wash it off after 2 hours.
4. Do this twice a week to get rid of head lice.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a natural insecticide. It is very effective on head lice.
1. Combine 1 tsp. tea tree oil, 1-ounce shampoo and 3 tbsp. coconut oil.
2. Apply this solution all over your head.
3. Rinse after half an hour with hot water.
4. Comb out lice while your hair is still wet.
Mayonnaise contains oils which have viscosity that suffocates the head lice.
1. Apply mayonnaise to your scalp.
2. Leave it for 2 hours.
3. Shampoo later.
4. Comb out the lice.
7. Sesame Seed Oil
Sesame seed oil has antifungal, antibacterial and insecticide properties. It is effective in killing head lice.
1. Combine ¼ cup sesame seed oil, ¼ cup neem oil, 1 tsp. tea tree oil and ½ tsp. eucalyptus and rosemary oils.
2. Rinse hair and apply apple cider vinegar. Let it dry.
3. Apply the oil solution to hair and leave it overnight.
4. Comb out the dead lice in the morning.
8. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil prevents head lice from multiplying.
1. Apply apple cider vinegar to your hair and let it dry.
2. Apply coconut oil and leave it overnight.
3. Comb out the lice in the morning and shampoo.
9. Lemon Juice
The acidic nature of lemon juice helps kill head lice.
1. Mix lemon juice and garlic paste.
2. Massage it onto your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes.
3. Shampoo and comb out the dead lice.
You can also rub lemon juice onto your scalp and your hair directly and rinse it off after an hour.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Apple cider vinegar has more anti-microbial properties as compared to normal vinegar thus, it is more effective.
1. Dilute apple cider vinegar with water.
2. Wash your hair with apple cider vinegar and let your hair dry.
3. Comb out all the dead lice.
11. Neem Oil
Neem oil contains anti fungal, anti bacterial and ant microbial properties. Applying neem oil directly to your hair and scalp for a few days after shampooing your hair helps you get rid of lice. You will also need to comb out the dead lice and nits daily.
Now you can go around and show off your flawless hair without ruining your hairdo because of an itchy scalp. Make sure that you wash your bed sheets, combs and all the tools that you have used to get rid of head lice for prevention in the future.
Image Credits: google