Are you concerned about aging? There are certain steps that you can realistically adopt to slow down premature aging. Aging is a natural, biological process and even though it cannot be halted or reversed, it can definitely be slowed down. The market is flooded with an overwhelming selection of medicinal products and cosmetic surgery options that promise to restore youthfulness and freshness to your skin, but is an artificial solution truly an optimal choice for you? Regardless of the benefits that they promise, keep in mind that these are artificial procedures that involve the use of chemically formulated products.
What can you, in your own capacity, do to delay the onset of aging? The next time you head out to stock up on groceries, be sure to place these items in your shopping cart.
- Walnuts are considered to be an exceptional anti-aging food.
- They are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- ¼ cup of walnuts provides approximately 91 percent of the daily recommended intake of omega-3 fatty acids.
- These essential fatty acids help regulate your cholesterol level, reduce the risk of heart disease, and optimize brain functioning.
- Walnuts are a rich source of magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium, selenium, copper, and fiber, all of which are required to keep your body healthy and energetic.
- Walnuts have the additional benefit of keeping your waistline trim as you get older.
- Blueberries are one of the best antioxidant rich foods.
- Antioxidants stop detrimental compounds called free radicals from rendering the body susceptible to serious age-related diseases.
- These minuscule natural treats also have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that prevent the body’s cells from aging and keep your skin looking young and fresh.
- Blueberries have what it takes to reduce the risk of arthritis, regulate cholesterol levels, improve eyesight and slow down cognitive deterioration which is triggered by Alzheimer’s disease.
- Spinach contains rich reserves of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and beta-carotene, which help protect the skin from the sun’s harmfulUV rays, so your skin remains vibrant and healthy as you age.
- In addition, this exceptional vegetable can help prevent cardiovascular diseases, lower blood pressure and regulate cholesterol levels.
- Research also suggests that spinach has the potential to reduce the risk of cancer in the digestive tract.
- One cup of spinach daily is all you need to keep your body healthy and skin looking young for years!
4. Green Tea
- Green tea is used in a variety of beauty products due to its powerful antioxidant properties.
- Green tea is equipped with the compounds you need to slow down premature aging and keep your skin supple and youthful.
- A daily intake of one to two cups of green tea will allow you to obtainmyriad health benefits!
- Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, a compound that plays a key role in delaying the process of aging.
- If you want to keep your skin free from blemishes, pimple breakouts, and various signs of aging like wrinkles, crow’s feet, and brown spots, then salmon’s the natural solution that you’ve been searching for!
- To top it off, salmon contains a chemical calledastaxanthin, which gives your skin a youthful glow, as well as the anti-aging nutrients vitamins D and E.
- Experts recommend making salmon a part of your weekly diet plan (3-4 servings per week).
- Broccoli, along with other cruciferous vegetables, is high in antioxidants and contains an impressive number of anti-aging nutrients.
- The B-vitaminfolate in broccoli will optimize brain functioning for years to come, while vitamin K increases bone density and reduces the risk of fractures.
- Plus, it is rich in artery clearing fiber, bone-strengthening calcium, and heart-healthy potassium.
- Including 3-4 servings of broccoli in your weekly diet plan and you will notice a significant improvement in a way your skin looks and feels.
7. Olive Oil
- Olive oil can make you look younger than your age.
- It is high in antioxidants, including vitamin A and E. Vitamin A protects the skin from free radicals that are known to accelerate the aging process, while vitamin E aids in skin repair and renewal.
- Higher intake of olive oil results in less fine lines, wrinkles, smooth texture, and a more even skin tone.
- The monounsaturated fatty acids in olive oil can also improve heart health, lower cholesterol levels and control blood sugar levels.
8. Dark Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate is loaded with antioxidants that help protect the body from free radical activity.
- The cocoa present in dark chocolate containsflavonals that encourage blood vessels to relax, keeping them youthful and supple.
- This in turn reduces the risk of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and dementia.
- Stick to an intake of one small portion of chocolate with a higher cocoa percentage.
9. Lifestyle Changes
Dietary modifications should always go hand in hand with gradual lifestyle changes. Take a step towards healthy living and you will reap the benefits of looking young and fresh!
10. Quit Smoking
- Smoking has serious side effects on the appearance of skin.
- The smoke itself comes in contact with your skin causing biochemical changes to skin cells.
- Cigarette smoke also constricts the blood vessels that deliver nutrients and oxygen to skin cells, which slows cellular production and growth.
11. Lift Weights
- Perhaps one of the most obvious signs of aging is the stooped posture and trembling limbs of the elderly. These signs of aging can be categorized as senile sarcopenia.
- This condition results in a loss of muscle mass, which results from the death of motor neurons that control muscle fibers.
- Sarcopenia accounts for sagging skin and wrinkles, and as we lose muscle fibers beneath our facial skin, the tissue droops.
- A study has found that its effects can be reversed through weight training.
12. Revive Your Spirituality
- Studies show that investing in religion or spirituality has a positive effect on physical health and helps reduce suffering.
- Whether it’s through meditation or prayer, research indicates that you can learn to become happier and even more social through spirituality.
- Meditation or yoga has been shown to have a positive effect on those dealing with severe levels of depression and stress which can lead to aging faster than you want.
While it may be tempting to use artificial beauty products, these products can have more side-effects than actual benefits. The tips highlighted in this article are completely natural, and will help you look fresh and young without any strings attached!
Image Credits: google