Top 4 Spices To Have In Your Kitchen
Asian cuisine is all about spices. You can be in love with pizzas, pastas and what not, but you cannot live without all the home made desi food for long. Desi moms usually keep Your Kitchen cabinets stocked with all the spices and stuff, so you don’t really have to worry about it while cooking. Meat, lentils and vegetables are not enough. You need spices to give it some taste. Following are the top best four spices that can turn anything into a good dish and are a must for all the cuisines.
1. Black Pepper
Black pepper is one of the spices that you’ll see in your kitchen cabinets.
- It helps reduce the risk of cancer, cardio vascular and liver problems.
- Black pepper increases the bioavailability of the nutrients that are important for our body such as vitamin C, vitamin A, carotene and others.
- It also has properties that work as an appetite stimulator for people with poor appetite and helps with digestion at the same time.
Black pepper is the kind of spice that is used in many of the home remedies especially the ones related to cough and flu.
Turmeric is often called the queen of spices. It is used in most of the desi dishes and give it the sort of taste that no other spice can. It appears yellow thus, gives the dish a color as well.
- Turmeric has been known over the years to treat diabetes by controlling insulin level.
- Turmeric has antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties that boost the immune system of the body.
- It is also an antiseptic agent and is often used to heal wounds in emergency.
- All you have to do is, sprinkle turmeric on the wounded area and cover it with a bandage.
- It helps prevent cardiovascular diseases by lowering the serum cholesterol level.
Cloves can be added to rice, broth and practically in every other Pakistani dish. It has a lot of benefits apart from being just a spice.
- It helps relieve toothaches which is the reason why cloves are mentioned quite often in toothpaste advertisements.
- Cough and bad breath are one of the most stubborn problems. Consuming cloves daily can solve this problem in no time.
- Sinusitis is really hard to deal with. Inhaling clove powder directly through your nose can fix sinusitis.
- Cloves help release stress, so add it up to your tea and relax while sipping it.
Cumin, that is known as zeera can be added to a lot of dishes, because of its unique taste and aroma. It has benefits that you probably haven’t been told about earlier.
- It aids in digestion while improving the immune system of our body.
- Cumin has anti-carcinogenic properties as well.
- Cumin is used to treat a lot of skin problems.
- It has anti-fungal and antiseptic properties.
- It treats eczema, boils, pimples, acne, psoriasis and a lot of fungal diseases.
- Cumin also fights asthma and cures anemia.