10 Surprising Benefits of Drinking Warm Water
It’s a common knowledge that water is necessary for our continued survival. We are recommended to drink around 8 glasses of water a day. However, health benefits are not exclusive to cold water only, as drinking warm water also has its advantages. Here are 10 surprising benefits of consuming hot water.
- Warm water really helps in maintaining a healthy metabolism, which is ideal if you’re looking to lose a bit of weight. Try to push your metabolism into action early by beginning your day with a mug of warm water with lemon squeezed into it. The water also helps digest the tissues of fat in your body.
- Drinking warm water also helps with nasal and throat congestion. It’s an easily available cure for colds, coughs, and sore throats. The hot water breaks down phlegm, as well as remove it from the respiratory tract. In this way, it soothes a sore throat, and helps clear up congestion in the nostrils.
- Drinking warm water also helps relieve menstrual cramps. The heat which is emitted from the water calms and soothes the abdominal muscles which helps diminish cramps.
- Consuming warm water detoxes your body as well. Through drinking it, your body temperature is heightened, which makes you sweat. This releases toxins from your body which aids in its cleansing. Adding the juice of a lemon improves the results.
- Drinking warm water also helps prevent premature aging. Firstly, your body is cleansed of toxins, that make you age faster. Secondly, hot water repairs skin cells which heighten the elasticity of your skin which are damaged by dangerous free radicals. In this way your skin becomes smoother as well.
- Drinking warm water is also beneficial for getting lush, shiny, hair. It gives energy to the nerve endings in the roots of your hair which activates them. This returns the natural vitality to your hair and gives it health. Consuming hot water also accelerates the growth of your hair. It increases the regular activity at the roots which makes your hair grow faster. Warm water also helps prevent dandruff in your hair. It keeps your scalp hydrated and moisturized which prevents dry scalps and dandruff.
- Drinking warm water also improves and enhances your blood circulation, which encourages a healthy nervous system. Good blood circulation is necessary for proper nerve and muscle movement. This keeps your nervous system healthy as surrounding fat deposits are broken down.
- Warm water also helps avoid acne and pimples as the water deep cleanses your body which removes the initial cause of infections related to acne.
- Hot water is also beneficial to your digestion. Consuming cold water during or after a meal can toughen the oils present in the foods you ate. This oil forms an oil deposit in the inner wall of your intestine which can sometimes later cause intestinal cancer. However, if you drink a glass of warm water instead, this whole problem can be avoided. As an added bonus, hot water helps in the digestion process.
- Lastly, drinking hot water aids in your bowel movements. Hot water makes your bowel movements regular, healthy, and pain free. If you do not drink enough water your body becomes dehydrated, and results in the chronic issue of constipation. The stool accumulates in your intestine, and your bowel movements are slowed down. Studies show that deinking a mug of warm water every morning on an empty stomach helps relieve you of constipation. This is because the hot water breaks down any remaining food and causes the movement of the particles through the intestine to be smooth and less painful for you.
Image Credits: google