8 home-remedies to make your hair look thick and shiny
For as long as I can remember, having thick, shiny hair has always been a desirable quality amongst many people, and out of the two sexes, women are usually more prone towards worrying about their hair to be healthy and strong.
Many women believe that using expensive chemical-based products and hair oils would do the trick for them. But they are often disappointed by the results and many times the products end up damaging the hair even more.
Dear women, artificial products are not the answer to your hair woes. Most people are completely unaware of the fact that hair becomes healthier and shinier by the use of natural and simple home products.
So here are some really effective home-remedies (totkas) that will bring miraculous shine to hair instantly:
CURRY LEAVES PASTE
Yes, this sounds strange, but the curry leave has a lot of soothing properties which are very helpful for your hair. A paste of curry leaves can be used with any oil (warm) to bring shine to your hair.
BANANA WITH MILK AND OIL
Banana peels are mostly used for making skin soft and smooth, but banana with milk and oil can be used on your hair to make them smooth, soft and shinny.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Generally apple cider vinegar is highly recommended for weight loss but its use on hair brings a lot of volume and shine. You can either apply it with oil or you can wash your hair with it. Apple cider vinegar can also be used after shampooing as a conditioner or it can be used with lemon. Note: always dilute vinegar by adding water to it before use.
No, we are not going to tell you some recipe of biryani or qorma; onion juice can do wonders to your hair. Apply mixture of onion juice and lemon to your hair and see the difference.
Eggs can bring magnificent shine and volume to your hair. It can be used with yoghurt or you can add olive oil too in the mixture. Mixture of egg, lemon and oil is also very helpful.
It does sound a bit weird to use mayonnaise on your hair but, trust me when I say this that the result obtained through mayonnaise is equal to any other protein treatment.
GREEN TEA LEAVES
Make a paste of green tea leaves with water and massage it on your scalp. You can also use green tea to wash your hair. The results will leave you amazed.
The inner part of aloe vera is highly useful for skin as well as hair, so make the most out of it!
Apart from these remedies, always remember the following tips in order to get smooth, soft and shinny hair:
- Never wash your hair with warm water. You can either use lukewarm or cold water.
- Make sure you oil your hair at least twice a week.
- Give your scalp a massage regularly.
- Don’t use a lot of shampoo or conditioner. Always add some water to dilute it.
- Make sure to comb your hair daily, especially before going to bed.
- Avoid chemicals.
- Olive oil, almond oil and coconut oil are highly recommended but don’t use coconut oil in winters.
- Whenever you try any remedy, make sure to cover your hair either with a towel or shower cap. It adds to the effect of the remedy.
- Avoid a lot of exposure to the sun.
- Don’t apply a lot of oil; try to use less oil so that you don’t require a lot of shampoo to remove it.
By following these home-remedies to make your hair look thick, you will see a huge difference in your hair. Smooth and shinny hair is not something impossible to get. All your hair need is your care and attention!