5 Exercises to Get Rid of a Double Chin
A double chin can affect people of all ages. You get a double chin when fatty tissues build up in under your chin area, and gives your face a filled look. The excess fat in your chin and neck tends to slump and can bounce the skin to leave you with a double chin.
Here are some exercises to get rid of double chin that you can easily do at home. However, these double chin exercises should be performed daily to help tighten, tone and build the neck muscle.
1. Open Your Mouth
One of the relaxed methods to tone up the muscles around your chin is to open your mouth as wide as you can. This targets the platysma muscle and helps to improve the appearance of a slumped chin.
- Open your mouth as wide as you can.
- Stick out your tongue as far as you can.
- Try to touch your chin with your tongue.
- Count to 10 and repeat 10 times.
- Repeat this exercise for a double chin 2 times a day to help tighten your neck muscles and keep them toned.
2. Tongue Stretch
- Open your mouth and stick your tongue out as far as you can.
- Lift the tongue skyward and try to touch your nose with it. As you do this, you will feel a stretch in your neck and lower jaw.
- Hold for 5 seconds and release.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times every day.
3. Chin Lifts
To tighten up the muscles in your face and neck, try some chin lifts. This exercise can be effective not only to tighten slumped skin under the chin, but also will help tone your facial muscles.
- Stand with your back and neck straight.
- Raise your chin toward the upper limit and purse your lips as tight as you can.
- Hold the “touching lips” position for a count of 10 and relax your muscles.
- Repeat 10 times twice a day to help get rid of a double chin.
4. Tennis Ball Double Chin Exercise
One more effective way to tone up the tissue under your chin and help decrease the appearance of a double chin is to exercise with a tennis ball.
- Place a tennis ball against your throat and hold it there with your chin.
- Press your chin as tightly against the ball as possible and release slightly.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Do the tennis ball exercise for a double chin twice a day to help keep your under-chin area toned and slim.
5. Chin Battle
- Place your fists right under your chin and apply some pressure on it.
- Slowly open your mouth so that your lower jaw is overcoming the resistance.
Repeat this exercise while increasing the pressure with every repetition