Best Beauty Tips for Oily Skin
Oily skin is really tricky to tackle with. It is more prone to acne and breakouts, thus, requires a lot of care. Oily skin can be a big problem when it comes to makeup, because literally nothing works if you don’t know the right way of applying it. One usually ends up investing a lot on all the cosmetics and oil free face washes. However, it can easily be taken care of with some effective home remedies if done regularly and properly.
Face Masks for Oily Skin
- Mix ½ teaspoon of lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of honey and apply it all over your face.
- The lemon will remove all the oil and cure acne.
- Honey moisturizes the face without making it oily.
- It works amazingly on the skin.
- This should be done once or twice a week.
For Glowing Skin
- Mash a small banana and mix 1 teaspoon of honey in it to make a paste.
- Then apply this mixture over your face.
- This will give your face a glow and remove excess oil from the pores.
Your skin depends on the diet that you take. Drink lots of water and eat vegetables. Avoid eating junk because that enhances the oil buildup up in the glands. Also apply rose water onto your skin regularly to keep your skin healthy and moisturized.
For Oil-free Skin
- Egg whites work amazingly for oily skin.
- Add lemon juice to 1 egg white and apply it to your face for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Do this twice a week to get rid of oil and have a perfect glowing skin.
Use a Toner
It is necessary to close the pores that produce excessive oil and cause acne. Apply an alcohol free toner as soon as you wash your face and dry it.
- Cold rosewater can be used a natural toner. It does not contain any alcohol, so does not cause itching or burning. It keeps your face moisturized and oil free.
- Aloe vera extract can be applied directly onto your face right after washing it. The anti bacterial properties of aloe vera keep the acne causing bacteria at bay and leave your skin oil free.
- Potato juice and tomato juice can also be used as toners for oily skin due to their acidic properties. This also helps you get rid of that stubborn tan during summers.
Make Up Tips for Oily Skin
- Primer was actually made for oily skins. It is a must thing before makeup. Find a suitable primer for your skin from a local drugstore of any brand and always apply it before those tons of layers of foundation, so that the pores don’t get clogged and your skin stays oil free.
- Consider using a matte foundation since the oil on your skin is enough to bring out the glow. Opt for powder-based foundations as these don’t melt off and do not need several touchups. Try using stick foundations as they set really well and work amazingly for oily skins. You should totally avoid using liquid foundations if you have a choice, because they make your skin oilier than usual.
- Powder is your best friend if you have an oily skin. Keep the powder with you all the time. If you think your pigmented powder looks fake then opt for translucent ones or the mineral ones. Lose powder is the best for an oily skin. It absorbs the excess oil and helps your makeup stay longer than usual.
- Use a matte blush for oily skin. Mousse and all the other types are most likely to melt off if you have an oily skin. Consider using powder blushes as they get blended well. Try not to go for the shimmery ones on normal days because your skin will already be glowing because of the oil.
- Opt for mineral makeup. It is little costly but totally worth it. The organic content fights the oil and the bacteria. It keeps the oil away giving a matte look. You don’t even need a sunscreen if you apply mineral makeup.
- Invest into a good setting spray. Look for options and choose the one with a matte finish. This gives a final matte finish to your makeup and the oil doesn’t appear for a good 10 hours at least. It works perfectly for an oily skin.