Every time you trim your hair, there is a brief period of those fine, bouncy and split-end free hair, but then, like all other good things, it comes to an end. These split ends are inevitable no matter how much you condition your luscious locks. Blow dry, hair dyes, heat tools and sprays, that you consider essential to make your hair look presentable, pretty much destroy the texture of your hair.
To avoid these split ends, try the following home remedies to make your hair look flawless and healthy all the time. No trimming required!
1. Coconut Oil
Another genius way to use coconut oil. Shampoo your hair and then towel-dry them.
- Take 1 scoop of coconut oil and apply it to your hair, starting from the roots to the tip.
- Clip your hair up and wrap in a towel.
- Wait for 30 minutes, then get into the shower and shampoo your hair thoroughly.
2. Honey and Olive Oil Treatment
Honey and olive oil, both have nourishing properties, and when combined, they can nourish damaged hair and help prevent split ends.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey
- Apply it onto your hair.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash with a moisturizing shampoo.
3. Egg Mask
Egg is a rich source of protein and biotin. Use this home remedy for split ends once a week to avoid the damage and strengthen your hair. Best of all, it is pretty easy to make.
- Whisk an egg yolk.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Work it into damp hair.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off thoroughly.
4. Hot Oil Deep Conditioner
Hot oil deep conditioning helps restore moisture and prevent split ends.
- Heat (lightly) equal amounts of mustard oil, almond oil, olive oil and castor oil for 20 seconds.
- Massage it onto your scalp and leave it for 45 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair thoroughly.
- Do this at least once a week.
Banana helps minimize breakage and restore hair elasticity. It encourages hair repair, improves the hair texture and helps get rid of split-ends.
- Blend 1 ripe banana with 2 tablespoon of yogurt.
- Add rose water and lemon juice in the blend.
- Apply this concoction to your hair and leave it for 45 minutes.
- Shampoo thoroughly.
- Use this banana hair mask once or twice a week.
This may sound weird, but yes, it really is a remedy for damaged and split-hair. Mayonnaise nourishes hair and prevents split ends. Try this split-end remedy, your hair will definitely thank you.
- Wet and towel dry your hair.
- Massage half cup of mayonnaise to your hair.
- Leave it at least for 20 minutes and then shampoo your hair.
- This can be done once or twice a week.
7. Apply Shampoo Carefully
Too much shampoo can damage your hair. Avoid shampoos that contain sulfate and paraben. The number of times you should shampoo your hair depends on your hair texture. People, who often complain about oily hair texture, feel the need to shampoo daily. They can opt for a mild shampoo and skip a day or two. Instead of shampooing daily, dust powder on your scalp to make the oil less visible. Wash your hair with cold water, because hot water strips away protective oils from your scalp.
8. Healthy Diet
To get the maximum results from these home remedies for split ends, focus on a healthy diet. If you are unable to reach your target hair length and hair texture, you are probably not taking proper diet. Make sure your diet is rich in vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids and protein. Eat fruits, vegetable, nuts and a lot of fish. Vitamin E, present in seeds and nuts, is the key ingredient to get you the hair that you desire.
No more bad hair days!