You may not be good at carrying your hair that well or follow the latest hairstyle trends, but if you have good and healthy hair, that’s a beauty statement itself. Some people are genetically blessed with amazing thick hair, while some got lucky in traits other than good hair. However, if you have thin hair, you got to take care of them more than the rest of the people. It’s better to have naturally shiny and smooth locks even with thin hair rather than frizzy thick hair that look untidy. Here are a few easy tips for you to bring out the natural goodness or thicken your hair and flaunt them again like you used to before you started considering a straightener your lifesaver.
1. Onion juice
It doesn’t sound tempting for very obvious reasons; however, it’s something that you wouldn’t stop using if you see it works for you.
- All you need to do is apply onion juice on your scalp and massage a little.
- If it burns, which is unlikely to happen, then you may add olive oil to it.
- The Sulphur content stimulates the hair follicles and increase the hair growth.
- This will replace your thin hair with your natural hair.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
The harsh chemicals that we apply to our hair can disturb the pH of our scalp which leads to thinning of your hair. You can simply replace your conditioner with apple cider vinegar.
- After washing your hair with shampoo, mix water and apple cider vinegar in equal ratios and apply it all over your hair.
- This will not only give a natural shiny look, but also bring the pH back to normal.
3. Egg Mask
Our hair need a regular protein treatment, however, egg is the best option.
- All you need to do is mix 1eggwhite with 1 teaspoon of olive and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Apply this mixture on your hair and scalp.
- Wash the mixture with water and then shampoo your hair with a mild shampoo.
Fenugreek is more commonly known as methi.It can be applied to your scalp and by adding 1 teaspoon of methi with 2 teaspoons of coconut milk. This works so smoothly and leaves behind healthy and shiny hair.
5. Castor Oil
You often hear your salon lady say that use castor oil on your eyebrows to make the thick after you know the harm has been done. Castor oil has high viscosity and completely coats the hair after massaging it on the scalp. This not only thickens the hair, but also helps reduce hair fall.
6. Potato Juice
Potato juice is acidic thus stimulates the hair follicles. You can blend potato and then extract its juice. Apply this juice on your scalp for 15 minutes. It is actually cool.
7. Henna Pack
You can mix dry henna with ½ cup yogurt and then apply it directly to your hair and scalp. Get the pure henna that does not leave behind color. This is very refreshing and leaves behind smooth and glossy hair. It also improves the texture of your hair and makes them thicker.
8. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is rich in protein and many other nutrients. It prevents thinning of hair and prevents hair breakage. Apply coconut milk to targeted places or all over the scalp and leave it overnight. Wash it in the morning.
Biotin is very good for skin, nails and hair. It is present in green leafy vegetables. Eat green leafy vegetables for thick healthy hair. This also improves hair growth and makes them longer.
10. Green Tea
Apply warm (not hot) green tea all over your scalp and wash it after an hour. Rinse it off with cold water. The antioxidants present in green tea prevent thinning of hair and boosts hair growth.
11. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil works amazingly for hair and skin. It improves hair growth and prevents thinning of hair. Apply it all over the scalp and leave overnight. Wash your hair with mild shampoo in the morning.
12. Cumin Seeds
Cumin seeds have nutrients that are important for healthy hair.
- Make a paste of cumin seeds and castor oil.
- Leave this overnight and apply it onto your hair the next morning.
- Leave it on your hair 15 minutes and then wash it off with shampoo.
Grind 2 teaspoons of peppercorns and then blend it with half a cup of lime juice. Apply this mixture on the root of your hair and then cover your hair with warm towel. Rinse the paste off after an hour.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of amla powder and lime juice each.
- Apply this mixture on your hair and let it dry for an hour or so.
- Rinse off with warm water later on.
- Boil 2 crushed cloves of garlic in olive oil and coconut oil.
- Apply it on your scalp concentrating on the roots of your hair.
- Wash it after an hour.
16. Vitamin E Oil
Buy vitamin E capsule or just the oil and massage in on the scalp. Leave this overnight and wash it off in the morning.
17. Argan Oil
Argan oil is the best thing for thin hair. It stimulates hair follicles for better hair health and makes hair thicker. Apply this oil on your hair starting from the ends and oil the roots as well. Leave it overnight and wash it in the morning.
18. Flaxseed Oil
Mix flaxseed oil and coconut oil in a bowl and apply the mixture on your scalp and hair. Wash it in the morning after keeping it in your hair overnight.
19. Olive Oil
Use olive oil daily. You can apply it on your hair every day before shampooing your hair. Adding olive oil in your diet also makes your hair and skin better.
20. Protein Rich Food
Your diet is what matters the most. Eating chicken, fish and tofu can improve your hair. It will thicken your hair and boost the growth.
Image Credits: google